Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Will Remember You


Reflecting back over the last few days, I realized I'd neglected to post any black and whites of Craig's family. And there's quite a story with his ancestors! They were regular pioneers in Western Kansas. His grandmother on his mother's side could remember walking behind a covered wagon when her family moved from their former homestead near Coffeyville, Kansas to a new one outside of Dodge City in Ensign, Kansas. Her father, Craig's great-grandfather, was a Marshall in Dodge City. So the family lore includes outlaws riding out and shooting up their house, Indian uprisings when the family had to go into the fort at Dodge (Fort Dodge) until the danger passed, etc... It was the Wild Wild West out there compared to where my family settled in Eastern Kansas. Anyway, I thought this would be a nice tribute to Craig's mom and family.

4 comments:

Vee said...

An interesting story and a lovely tribute, Beck. I'm sure the family will appreciate your efforts. Thinking of you.

Isla Deb said...

That was an absolutely wonderful tribute to Craig's mom, Beck. It brought tears to my eyes...especially with Sarah McLachlan's song.

couzin frank said...

Beck....that was very nice. Be sure and write those stories down to pass on.fhp

Moongrl722 said...

What an interesting history and a very cool slide show. I love that song. I hope someone does something like that for me someday.