Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Cornucopia of Good Eats

Sorry, but I've been too immersed in murder mysteries from J.A. Jance's Joanna Brady series to post.  They're set in the Bisbee area.  Funny how books can become that much more interesting if the setting's familiar!

When we're in Bisbee, one of our favorite lunch places is Cafe Cornucopia.  The specials change daily, but you can always depend on fantastic sandwiches, quiches, soups, homemade bread, salads, and desserts.  And very funny repartee from the lunch counter.  (This is where I got the tip on the local paper's police beat post.)


The cute vintage cafe's located in an old storefront on the main drag in the historic downtown area.


The day before we left, Craig and I both settled on quiche.  He ordered the asparagus quiche with tortilla soup while I chose the green chile quiche with a salad.  We also ordered a brownie to go, but that got eaten before any photos could be taken.  : ) 




The dueling quiches -- asparagus and green chile.




On a visit earlier in the week, Craig ordered the meatloaf sandwich and squash soup.  Feeling guilty, I ordered a salad, but he shared and OMG -- both were fantastic!  The squash soup had little Italian meatballs in it.  Yum!

This quaint little cafe definitely rates a Don't Miss if you're in the Bisbee area! 




4 comments:

Ann said...

Another place to add to my list!

krisla said...

I'm immersed in the Hunger Games series, which I didn't think I'd like, but I love! and they feature a 'Cornucopia' which you'd come to know well through those novels, and now has a new meaning for me. Funny how books will do that...
also, in Wisconsin, we have a northernmost town named 'Cornucopia' situated right on L. Superior. I always thought it was a cute name for a town...and now, a restaurant too! k

sharelot said...

Its very nice information Thanks for sharing with me !!!!!!!!!





Also click on these keywords :-- Home Security | Home alarm Monitoring | ADT Security Service | Home Monitoring |

Life's a Beach! said...

Ann, I want to make a fall trip back your way! Kris, I love Cornucopia for the name of a town! And Mr. Sharelot, I'll let you share, but I don't need a home security system. LOL