Saturday, November 8, 2008

Garage Sale Saturday

Craig snapped this photo at our garage sale last Saturday. I was manning the cash box there in the middle of the table.

Geez! It's a joke! Last time I posted a picture similar to one of these on a message board, several people didn't get it and thought it really WAS me. I'm no babe, but it kind of made me shudder!

That was one of my favorite birthday cards this year. Something about getting older and middle-aged makes me want to joke about my looks. I think it's because reality hits and you know genetics have finally kicked in -- big time! :) You wake up one morning and finally realize you've got Grandma's bye-bye wings on your upper arms, her cataracts in your eyes, and you really need to have your hair colored once a month to cover up the roots! And you've even got a lineup of pills on the counter that looks like Grandma's. Actually, I think I have more prescriptions right now than she did! Reality bites sometimes, doesn't it!

On a happy note, the election's over and a lot of people are celebrating!

Go ye therefore into the world and seize some happiness today!

4 comments:

Isla Deb said...

I know what you mean about the "growing old" thing. Sucks. I'm sure the stock in Bath & Body Works has gone up in the past few years from my purchases of hand, foot and body lotions...and I'm sure my hair dresser doesn't mind my more frequent highlighting treatments. :-/ (That video was hilarious, by the way!)

Life's a Beach! said...

Deb, getting older is a bitch. And they're really having a high old time in that video! :)

couzin frank said...

Your sure that's not yuo in the RED hat? Ha!Ha!..Better be careful with the vid the ladies in tight bloomers might drop by.

Life's a Beach! said...

Frank, you crack me up! :D