Sunday, May 23, 2010

Fortunate!

We both feel so fortunate right now! Phoenix is getting a late spring reprieve and the weather is sterling. The high today was not even 80 degrees! A little too cool for the pool, but I'll take it! The temps aren't supposed to rise into the 90's again until mid-week. I love sleeping with the windows open, so it just feels like heaven to me! Usually by the end of May, the temps are running around 100. It makes me wonder if we'll have some fluke of a summer with highs in the lo-100's? Dream on!

We're looking forward to our trip to Sedona this next weekend. Michael gifted me two nights at the lovely Hilton Resort in Sedona for Mother's Day. What a nice son! Miss Saby passed her visit to the doggie dude ranch with flying colors, so she's set for a weekend running with the pack while we're gone and she's excited about it! I imagine she'll spend at least the first 24 hours sniffing surroundings if her visit today was any indication.

I finished booking all of our rooms for the Isla trip at the end of June. Even though I know it's going to be jungle heat down there, I can't wait! There's something indescribably relaxing about floating in the ocean and/or listening to the crashing waves. We're both looking forward to more Isla adventures!

Yum! Can't wait to taste those shrimp kebabs,


Dip into the warm waters of Playa Norte,

Hang out at our favorite places,

And comb new areas for seaglass.


Can't wait until my ship comes in!

2 comments:

Ann said...

have a great time! After all you've gone thru to get tickets--enjoy!

Life's a Beach! said...

Ann, still playing chicken with the airlines! The prices started dropping with USAirways today. But it's still double what I paid last time. But it'll work out!