Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Some Odds and Ends

I have blogger malaise. I'm wishing I was somewhere else right now, and a lot of you can guess where! I think I'll just post a few photos that I've overlooked from my November 2009 trip to Isla Mujeres. I don't think I've posted them before because they are odds and ends, but if I have -- oops!


Here we have Moses's shoe/foot. The man is quite a character. He saw me snapping photos of doors on Juarez across from his shop and insisted I take a picture of his shoe to take to the grandkids back home. (No grandkids here!)

I love this altar. It's next to a small tienda out in the colonias.


This little guy really wanted his photo taken, but was too cool to look at the camera. I was trying to get a clear shot of the Poc Chuc menu board and he just stopped and wouldn't move. Ha! If I had an email for him, I'd send him his picture!




I really like this man. Maybe someone will recognize his knees and remind me of his name! Anyway, Sancocho's keeps a rubber rat behind the counter and he plays with one of the stray cats! The cat is really spooked by the rat, but finally swipes at it. I wish I had a couple of Sancocho's mole enchiladas for lunch today!


I like the way the palms are leaning in this photo. It was taken in front of Maria del Mar on one of many stormy days towards the end of my trip.


You all know about my obsession with gates and doors. I noticed this gate on my way back from Playa Norte one day. I think it probably leads into the old Cabanas del Prado area. I should have walked in and taken a look!


2 comments:

Moongrl722 said...

That cat in your pic is so sweet. JoAnne named her 'Princess' and she 'belongs' to Rosemary at Cool. She is a precious and spoiled little kitty. I like the palm tree pic, too. It looks as tho the palms are leaning into the wind, bracing themselves.

Life's a Beach! said...

Jana, I didn't realize that was the Cool cat! I remember Rosemary giving me a can of tuna in 2008 to feed her when I was sitting at Cool. I like the palms pic too. And they probably were bracing themselves. That was taken right after Ida went through.