Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Beautiful Day!

I try to not brag too much about the great weather here when I know other parts of the country are snowbound, but sometimes I can't help myself! Yesterday was beautiful. Sunny and a high in the upper 70's.

After taking Saby on her morning walk and doing chores, I headed out to run some errands with all the windows down on the Bug! All the shopping areas have big containers of beautiful flowers. Petunias like this are plentiful in the winter.

This shiny bike was parked out in front of Walmart. What a day for a spin!

It was too nice to sit indoors, so I took my book outside for awhile. I'm currently into Olive Kitteredge.

I planted myself in one of the Adirondacks. I found these last year and Craig put them together and finished them for me.

The sun quickly got too hot, so I moved over to the covered patio. I decided to bring my box of tricks outdoors and make a watch. I spent a couple of hours putting this one together while Saby sunbathed.


The forecast for today is more of the same! If this keeps up, all the tourists coming down for spring training should love it!

5 comments:

Chrissy y Keith said...

Nice bike, I think I am going to take mine out today shopping for more Yoga clothes. I should be able to fit them into the saddle bags. Gotta love this weather huh?

Ann said...

Great! At least the sun is out here--9 inches of snow yesterday! But at least I can sit out in the solar room where it gets in the
80's if the sun is out.....

Moongrl722 said...

Love the watch. Almost as pretty as Miss Saby. She always looks so happy. :)

Vee said...

I can't wait for warm spring days, Beck. Sounds like you had a perfect day. How do you like Olive Kitteridge?

Life's a Beach! said...

Vee, I like Olive Kitteredge a lot better than The Lacuna. I finally bailed on the last 1/3 of that book.

Another nice day today. I think the weekend's supposed to turn cooler with a chance of rain.