Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Best Part of Wakin' Up!

What can I say! It's hard to stay in bed in a place like this! We were both up at dawn because we were afraid we'd miss the beautiful views of the early morning beach and the sunrise. In fact, we were up pre-dawn on the veranda gazing at the stars and listening to the waves.





We decided to head out early for our morning walk down Medina and take some photos along the way.

After admiring the boats, we cut back towards El Centro along the malecon on the Caribe side. It's nice to see it still intact -- no storm damage this year!


Walking along the malecon, Craig commented on the blight. I tend to see the flora and simple artwork instead.



After strolling down Media Luna beach in a quest for seaglass, we cut back in through the market to buy orange juice and some fresh fruit. Just look at the colors of Mexico in that mercado!




And more beautiful Caribe colors along the walk back to the condo.




Sweet rolls from the back of the truck that sits at the end of Hidalgo nightly -- papaya and orange juice from the market.


A breakfast table with a view!


Truly priceless!

7 comments:

Vee said...

So glad that you are living large, Beck. Great report! And then what happened?

Isla Deb said...

More great pics! I'm loving it!

Nancy said...

Ahh, they are so beautiful I could cry (because I'm not there, LOL). I agree with Vee: "And then what happened?" I'm so glad you're blogging and we don't even have to wait!

Have a wonderful time!

Life's a Beach! said...

Ahhhhhhh. To be continued tomorrow!

Ann said...

Wonderful! Keep them coming!

jeanie said...

I love those rainbow umbrellas.

Anonymous said...

Great blogging, Beck!

I must say I do NOT like the new colors of the malecon! That yellow, pink & white are garish! The turquoise was much nicer.

Linda