Sunday, September 20, 2009

Slow Weekend

We took it easy this weekend. Saby got her Saturday morning walk, then we washed the cars, trimmed the shrubs in the front yard, and pulled the cover off the pool for a swim. The water temp was warm and wonderful -- the first time I'd swam in almost three weeks because of that dang bronchitis! The amoxicillin worked and I am over it! Late Saturday afternoon, we headed over to the local BBQ place for dinner. We both had the fish and chips. Don't ask me why we ordered that in a BBQ joint, but it was good!

Sunday morning after a walk, we both took on painting projects. Craig stained the Adirondack chairs while I painted an old rocker and wooden box black. The Adirondacks still need another coat of stain, but I finished my project.


Black wooden box dressed up for Halloween.

The little black rocker.

After all that work, we hopped in the pool for another swim. Shortly afterwards, Michael arrived. He's here for two days R&R before heading to Tucson.

Carnac says Pita Jungle for lunch tomorrow. : )

6 comments:

Moongrl722 said...

Love the pillow in the black chair, too. Looks good. Have a fun visit with Michael!

jeanie said...

That's some dang swanky Halloween stuff!!! Wow! I best get started.

Ann said...

Glad you're feeling better! Nice decorations for Halloween!

Vee said...

Nice work, Beck, for a lazy weekend!

Bennie said...

I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better. A nice swim in a warm pool sounds good to me.

Life's a Beach! said...

Thanks everyone! Michael played golf today, but he announced we're off to lunch at Pita Jungle and an afternoon movie tomorrow.