Thursday, September 10, 2009

Michael's Kind of Beach!

Our son Michael has never been a fan of beaches. Well, maybe he was on his first few trips to Hawaii before he became totally hooked on golf. And the incident with the Hawaiian monk seal on Poipu Beach and an encounter with a gigantic eel snorkeling on Mauai didn't exactly help change his mind. So anyway, once he was in high school, all of our family vacations involved destinations where he and Craig could play LOTS of golf. Since golf in Hawaii isn't really affordable, we ended up in San Diego, Palm Springs, and Arizona rather than Mexico or Kauai.

Michael did find his kind of beach this last weekend! A golf course overlooking a beach! Bandon Dunes on the Oregon Coast. Now that's his kind of beach! One you can look at from the golf greens! For those not acquainted with the game of golf, Bandon Dunes is one of the premier courses in the United States. Craig's played it once, on the September 11. They were entertaining customers and went right on with their game. Michael, I think, has played it multiple times since he has a buddy from the golf world who works there.

Like a lot of younger people, Michaael insists on relying on his camera phone. He sends me the pics off his Blackberry and I edit them for him. This batch of photos turned out fairly well considering his camera phone is probably about 2 megapixels. Here's his weekend at Bandon Dunes (at least the part he sent me pictures of -- ha)!














He's a lucky guy!

4 comments:

Moongrl722 said...

Pretty! And I like Bambi. But I'd rather lounge and read on a beach than chase a little ball around. :)

Life's a Beach! said...

Totally agree Jana! I haven't swung a golf club since my son was little. Give me a lounger on Playa Norte anyday!

Bennie said...

You did a good job editing these pictures. I love the Oregon Coast.

Life's a Beach! said...

Bennie, I love the Oregon Coast too. I've never been to Bandon, but Cannon Beach and Newport were two of our favorite Northwest beach locations.