Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Calling in Sick

Ugh. Woke up yesterday morning and I knew my busy self was now sick! I think I have the creeping crud -- not H1N1 caliber, but I wish it would go away! Here's a couple of photos from my last bike ride (well, I HOPE it wasn't my last).




We took a different road on Saturday morning and came across this pretty country lane. I think it's a glimpse of what this area used to look like before suburbia encroached. At one of the homes, they were actually having a goat shearing. Cars and trucks were lined up all the way down the drive, and we could hear the buzz of the clippers. Wish I'd gone up and asked to take photos, but I didn't have the nerve.



Saw this sign from Sotheby's International and thought it was an unusual real estate sign to see on that property. I always think of Southeby's as handling the upper crust, but it was a piece of land with some old bunkhouses on it.


And at the end of the road, they were growing pot! HA! I'll have to go back and look at their pots when I'm feeling better. They also have some really cool fountains.





4 comments:

Vee said...

That country lane is beautiful, but it doesn't look at all the way I picture Arizona, Beck. Feel better soon!

IslaZina said...

The union person in me wants to say, You sick, you don't blog. Thanks for the trip to the pot farm!

Isla Deb said...

Looking forward to pictures of those pots! Sorry to hear you're under the weather...sounds like me a few weeks ago. We just got an e-mail from the university saying there are more reports of H1N1 on the campus. Hope you're up and around (and taking pictures) soon!

Bennie said...

That road just looks so peaceful.