Friday, September 4, 2009

Sea in a Tray!



Still sick, but I'm determined to unearth antiques I have cubbyholed in closets and put them to good use. I found my old printer's tray that I got for Christmas when they were all the antique rage back in the late 70's. I thought about slapping white paint on it, but then decided to try displaying shells and seaglass in it. I kind of like it! Now I have to figure out how and where to hang it. I need to secure the shells and glass in their little trays. I think I can use the clear shelf putty that was so handy back in Washington State to keep little earthquakes from sliding my valuables off the fireplace mantle.

Craig's back home and Saby is happy. Now she can get her walks again. I'm happy too because he can run errands for me. Maybe he can get some carryout tonight on his way home from work! That'd be a treat after descending to the lower level of the freezer and heating a frozen pot pie and broccoli for dinner last night. UGH! Some day I'll have to tell the story about when my back went out and I was snowbound alone in the house. I fought the dog for a moldy hot dog and the dog won! HA!

5 comments:

Moongrl722 said...

I almost bought a tray like that on ebay recently to do exactly the same thing!! I think I need one for sure now, to complete my Sea Glass display. There are some great pieces there. You will have fun getting more. :)

Life's a Beach! said...

Jana, I think we think a lot alike. Scary! Minds separated at birth. That would make sense since some days I feel like I'm functioning on half a mind! LOL

Sue said...

I love the tray idea. And hope you get better soon, to enjoy this holiday weekend!

Life's a Beach! said...

Thanks Sue. I'm on the mend, but now I have the horrid cough to get rid of.

Bennie said...

I love the way you did your printers tray. That is really cute.

I look forward to that story about fighting the dog for a moldy hotdog. I'm sure that's got to be a good one.