Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Houses of Merida

I love this Yucatan Living series. It's almost as good as watching HGTV's Househunters International. Here's the first episode in the series. They're all posted on YouTube. As they say in the local Mexican restaurant -- enyoy!





Something about Merida fascinates me! Can't wait until Craig retires so we can spend some time exploring more of the Yucatan.

We planned on taking a daytrip today to Globe or Prescott, but I changed my mind. Might as well save the gas and spend it on antiques! We're going to explore the antique stores in Mesa and have lunch at (this is sick) Taco Time. That was our favorite fast food Mexican restaurant in the Seattle area and the only one I know of here in Phoenix metro is down the street from one of my favorite antique haunts. The weather outside is delightful (but hot!), so I think I'll take a dip in the pool before we leave. I love long weekends! : )

4 comments:

drgeo said...

Cool You Tube show! I assume you already know about this blog written from Merida:
http://baddog.com/

jeanie said...

I love HGTV HI too. The one that stands out in my mind is the lady and her daughter moving to Merida. It was stripped down to a shell (cement of course) but the whole thing was very reasonable for such a magnificent place. Merida is facinating. I agree with drgeo about Jonna's blog. I've read her for years even when they were in Akumal. I am facinated with the things they have done in their new home.

Isla Deb said...

Great post, Beck. Jeanie...I saw that House Hunters International, too. I couldn't believe how inexpensively they renovated that shell...and it turned out beautifully.

Life's a Beach! said...

Drgeo, thanks for reminding me of that blog! Jeanie, that's my favorite HHI episode too. I just saw it this last week.By the way, do they ever throw in new episodes! I've got all of them memorized! And Deb, I asked my friend who lives in Merida about the price of the homes I see on HHI. He thought those prices were a little low! But what they did with that ruin was amazing!