Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thoroughly Charmed!

I vowed to take on a new crafty project after my work ended in July. That was first on my 'to do' list. I have lots of cool old photos and I've always loved soldered charms, so I thought I'd take a class and figure it out! I looked into the equipment and class I'd need to take in order to get started. I had visions of making gifts for friends and family, and maybe even selling some of it!

After browsing http://www.etsy.com/ last week, I decided there were people who did that better than I ever could, and I could buy a LOT of charms for the money I'd invest in the equipment, supplies, and learning how. I found a couple of charms I loved, put them in my little shopping cart, used PayPal to purchase, and one week later -- they're here! What could be easier than that!


The Toto charm is a natural for me since -- I'm from Kansas! And Beach Babe just seemed fitting since Life's a Beach! Actually, I found one that said life's a beach, but I liked this one more. What I love about soldered charms is the flip side -- you really get a two for one! Two different looks in one charm!


Uh oh! Now I'm a little afraid Etsy will become my Home Shopping Network! I was back on there today browsing.

By the way, I purchased the Bathing Beauty Pendant at http://www.sissyart.etsy.com/. The Toto Charm came from Art Under Glass at http://www.artunderglass.net/.

And don't forget Jana's beautiful seaglass jewelry at http://www.silvermoongallery.etsy.com/!

6 comments:

jeanie said...

Can I ask what do you do with them?

Ann said...

Those are cute! I'mnot a big jewelry person( Gasp!), but I like these.....

Life's a Beach! said...

Jeanie, you just hang them with a necklace around your neck. Silver chain or a cord/leather necklance. I've also seen some smaller one's used on bracelets.

Ann, I confess I bought another one last night off Etsy. The theme was witches -- the black hat society. I couldn't resist! The beauty of it is that you can find a charm that fits almost any theme -- cowgirls, bingo, beaches, princess, bad girl, etc....

Isla Deb said...

Those are so cute!! And quite frankly, Beck, I can very much see your photos on those. I think you should try it out. YOU could be the one making the money on etsy!

Life's a Beach! said...

Deb, I may still get around to it. I did find a stained-glass studio where they have soldered charm classes. Maybe after I get back from Isla in November! Right now, I'm trying to get started again on home improvement projects. I put off doing anything for a year and a half and it's time to get rolling again!

Bennie said...

I love the TOTO charm. How fitting from someone from Kansas. You should have that as a custom tag on your car.