Wednesday, February 15, 2012

We're in Heaven

I'm happy to report that we have landed.  And I think we're in heaven.

Our flights yesterday went as scheduled.  We left Phoenix at 8:15 a.m. and arrived at Belize International around 3:55 p.m.  By 4:40, we were strapped into a little Tropic Air puddle jumper and on our way to Ambergris Caye.  It's been a long time since I've been that up close and personal with my pilot.
 


 The flight was beautiful!  Look at the water and cayes below.




Upon arrival in San Pedro, it didn't take long to deplane and grab our bags. 

 

This morning, I woke before sunrise and strolled down to the dock for a photo.



After a long walk north of the bridge, we rented bikes for a few hours and rode south.  Get this!  The bikes cost us $7.50 U.S. total!  We planned on keeping them a half day, but exhausted ourselves after two hours and returned them early.

  

After a wonderful lunch at a beachfront restaurant, we found our zen spot.  Cool breeze, comfortable loungers, and a glorious view.  Heaven!





 

5 comments:

drgeo said...

Belissima!

Er, Belize-ima!

Ann said...

We've been to Belize once & hope to go back at some point...until then I'll live vicariously through your photos & reports. Another Isla friend has been there a week or so too.

ajbaxter said...

Welcome to San Pedro! I am trying to determine where you are staying based on your pictures. My initial guess is Caye Casa? Have fun and keep us up-to-date.

Life's a Beach! said...

drgeo, it truly is Belize-ima! Jason, thanks but no thanks? Ann, we're loving it! A.J., you guessed right! We're here for a week, then farther north for the second week. (And I bet you'll be able to guess that location too!)

Nancy said...

What a beautiful place. Thank you so much for sharing!