Saturday, October 29, 2011

Curses! Foiled Again!

It's been the week of computer glitches. First it was AOL email. Internet Explorer kept shutting down my AOL email. Since I'm a techno-genius (joke!), I just took a flying leap and upgraded to IE 9.0 in hopes that a newer version would cure the AOL fiasco. Nope! After a suggestion from a friend (thanks Frank!), I was able to follow instructions off the web and change my Internet Explorer settings to finally fix the AOL problem. Knock on wood.

And now I'm dealing with Blogger gone nuts. Evidently, Blogger doesn't like Internet Explorer 9.0. Last night, I discovered I could no longer publish a post. I could create and edit with a few glitches, but that Publish Post button doesn't do anything now. After exploring the Blogger Problems forum, I was able to find a fix where I switch to the updated editor and that allows me to post. But the updated editor doesn't seem to allow me to customize photos, so I'm jockeying back and forth.

After all that tinkering, another problem has cropped up. My page is veeeeeerrrrryyyy slooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. I tried cleaning out my cache, but that did nothing. Besides that, Craig and I have been doing a pretty good job of cleaning out the cash lately.

Curses! Foiled again! Here are a few more photos from my birthday roadtrip up north. The town of Jerome, Arizona really gets into Halloween!


Halloween characters at the House of Joy.

 

Miss Piggy masked for Halloween.

 

Cue Elvis!  She's the Devil in Disguise!

 

Happy Halloween!



5 comments:

krisla said...

Happy Birthday & roadtrip...looks fun!
I would never know what to do to to fix problems as I'm such a newbie, and am amazed you can do that. wow!
I would just give up. :( -kris

Life's a Beach! said...

Kris, I seem to be making the situation worse, so I guess I'll give up for now and hope for a milagro! : )

drgeo said...

Glad Craig could visit the House of Joy for a little while. My computer acted weird for a few days and then just died (after only 6 years, sniff). New iMac arrives Wed-- so awaiting FedEx means I can never leave the house...meanwhile typing with thumbs seems like exercise. I know what you mean about clearing out the cash.

Perhaps your trip to Kansas will include snow and thus provide contrast to your impending Isla visit.

went coastal said...

My sloooow blogger probs improved when I switched laptops, and then it worked normally on the original laptop, so I dunno whazzup. Stellar photos as always...and hilarious captions! Also enjoyed DrGeo's "clearing the cash" comment...which often occurs on weekends.

Life's a Beach! said...

And now the blog page doesn't seem quite as slow! Hmmmmmmm. drgeo, a new IMac! Santa's coming early! Went coastal, the cash seems to all be moving in one way. Out the door! : )