Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Summer in Seattle

I had a really good day yesterday. I found a good good friend I'd lost track of about six years ago. And that in turn got me thinking about Seattle and all the good friends and good times I miss!

Seattle's at its absolute best in the late summer. On warm summer nights when the heat in the house got unbearable (A/C's not common), we'd meet friends down at Lake Washington for a picnic. This is one of those late evenings when we were sitting lakeside watching the boats pass and the sun go down!



And one of the iconic Seattle scenes is the downtown waterfront view taken from an approaching ferry. I snapped the photo below on the ride back from the Olympic Peninsula one summer afternoon. I'm hoping to get back to Seattle this summer to attend a good friend's daughter's wedding. Keep your fingers crossed that I'll get to go!




An August Sunday brunch on Lake Union with my mom.

Craig and I on a Lake Union dock.

4 comments:

Sue said...

We just hosted guests from Seattle and Tacoma this past weekend. I've seen Bennie's pics of Seattle, and know it doesn't always rain, but I don't think I ever saw sunshine during the trips I made out there. Your pics are proof it exists!

Life's a Beach! said...

Sue, I'll have to show some more Seattle and Northwest pics! It's beautiful up there (for about two months a year)!

Bennie said...

Beck - these are great pictures. Sue never believed me that Mount Rainer actually exisited. She never saw it on any trip.

Life's a Beach! said...

Mt. Rainier is a tuffy! We had a supposed view of that from our front yard and upstairs, but you'd never know it existed a lot of the year! I was just glad I never saw IT give off any steam! That'll be the ultimate Seattle nightmare if that thing ever blows!

Bennie, you were REALLY lucky to get that photo of all three mountains in March! That usually only happens in the summer.