Wednesday, April 11, 2012

If I Had a Hammock


Hammock in San Pedro at the Blue Tang.

 
If only I could figure out a way to string a hammock on our covered back patio, I'd be lazing in one right now.  Reading a book.

My book choices have been varied lately.  From Rules of Civility, a young woman's encounter with upper class New York society in the Depression era, to The Gold Coast and The Gatehouse (Nelson DeMille's John Sutter series) where the basic theme is Long Island upper class meets Mafia don.  And now I'm reading Shattered Dreams:  My Life as a Polygamist's Wife.   I found the last one while searching for books about life in Mexico.  It wasn't really what I had in mind.  I was looking for something similar to God and Mr. Gomez, but the book's interesting since it involves Mormon polygamists who fled to Mexico in the early 1900's.  (So far there's been no mention of the Romney clan.)

The Nook has turned out to be my fave purchase of all time.  I utilize my two online library cards (Hint -- if you're wanderers and still have an old library card and pen code from a former location, you don't have to be there to use the online library) to keep a steady supply of free books coming in. 

If only I had a hammock!


 (Maybe I'll buy Craig a hammock for his birthday.)





4 comments:

drgeo said...

There's not much a good lag bolt won't make right!

Life's a Beach! said...

It's just finding the right spots for the lag bolts in a shaded spot. We've thought about just getting a hammock on a frame, but they take up a lot of room. I'll have to get the man on it!

Ann said...

We bought one on our 1st trip to Isla & hang it between some pine trees in the yard. Books are sounding good--I don't have access to any libraries--one of my friends is supposed to give me info on her library, but I've gotten quite a few books from cheap ereads.

Life's a Beach! said...

Ann, that's a bummer that your library isn't tied into any online libraries. Wonder if there are any state libraries that offer anything? Unfortunately, we don't have any trees large enough yet to anchor any hammocks. We're also considering an outdoor daybed for the patio instead. We'll mull it over until fall because in another month, it'll be too hot to enjoy anything outdoors other than the pool.