Sunday, February 24, 2013

La Buena Vida -- A Sampling

Recently a friend asked for info about our Akumal trip and I remembered I never finished what I started!  I've been sidetracked by Christmas and life since our trip to Isla Mujeres and Akumal in November.

The good life!  It was muy buena, especially when we took a short walk down Half Moon Bay road to eat at La Buena Vida, the neighborhood oceanfront palapa bar.  I will admit to eating here at least five times in six days.  We hit a rough patch in weather and health while we were in Akumal and this place was tasty and very convenient! 




The burgers and fries were wonderful!


Mango chicken empanadas from the appetizer menu.


Craig's always the life of the party!


Burrito Santa Fe


Enchiladas with red mole.


The bar.


Craig enjoying a beachfront cerveza under the palapa.


Tasty fish tacos and the huge plate of nachos!


Seriously, everything we sampled from their menu was wonderful, including the salads and baby back ribs not pictured here.



If you're in Akumal, check out the good life on Half Moon Bay!


5 comments:

jeanie said...

Everything looks amazing. Now I'm starving. I'm going to jump in the shower, Frank is taking Sasha out for a walk and we're going out for brunch. Thanks for the kick start Beck!

Emily said...

Oh my, you're killing me! We spent 16 days in Mexico in December and absolutely loved the food. Your photos are great!

Life's a Beach! said...

Thanks Jeanie and Emily! The food's killing me too! Makes me want to run out for a Mexican fix tonight!

Donna said...

Just now seeing the new blog posts on Akumal! Yippee! Guessing I am that friend that was asking!

Definitely taking notes from these two new blogs and the older ones!

Anonymous said...

Those food pics are amazing!! All look delicious - I would love that plate of nachos right now!

Jeanne